Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know the paperwork you prepare will be accepted in my county?

At Greater Justice we make sure that the paperwork we prepare for you will conform to the rules and requirements of the Washington State county in which you are filing. If a court does not accept the paperwork we prepare for you then we will correct your paperwork at no cost to you.

Can I use Greater Justice if I have minor or dependent children?

Yes, our Greater Justice service is available for divorcing spouses who have children, so long as the spouses are in agreement on all issues related to their children including the residential schedule that will be included in their Parenting Plan and all matters related to child support.

What if my spouse and I are in agreement on all issues, but we still need some help figuring out some things?

Because Greater Justice is a service provided by licensed Washington State attorneys, we can talk with you and help craft the language that best describes your agreement. For example, if you and your spouse know that you want to sell your house and then split the proceeds equally, we can provide you with ideas regarding language you may want to use in your paperwork to best describe your agreement.

After paying for the Greater Justice service, will I have to pay anything else to get my divorce complete?

There are no hidden or additional charges that you'll have to pay us. You will, however, have to pay the filing fee to the court, which is approximately $314 in most Washington State counties. In many counties, you will have to pay an additional amount of about $30 when finalizing your divorce. The court filing fee is paid directly to the court, is required in all cases, and is separate from any payment to us.

How is Greater Justice different from the non-attorney document preparation sites?

Washington State law is very clear. If a non-attorney is assisting you with the preparation of your divorce documents, that person cannot give you legal advice. It's questionable if they can even talk with you at all. A non-attorney is not permitted to point errors out to you, and they can't make any changes. On many occasions when reviewing submitted information, an attorneys will be able to point out red flags that, once changed, will increase the likelihood that judges will accept the agreements reached.

At Greater Justice, documents will be prepared by experienced paralegals, and overseen and reviewed by an experienced Washington State Family Law attorney.

What if one of us is or both of us are in the military?

If you or your spouse is in the military and Washington State is your residence, then you can file in Washington State. This is true even if you are currently stationed in another state or country. As a veteran herself but mostly by providing services to service members in the past 19 years, we at Greater Justice know what differences there are when dealing with a military family.

In order to divorce in Washington State, is it required that we were married in Washington State?

In order to divorce in Washington State, you are not required to have married in Washington State.

How do I know that the personal information I provide will be secure?

At Redford Law, we know how important it is to keep your information safe and secure. It is our highest priority to ensure the information you provide is safe and secure. Our Greater Justice service platform uses the latest security and encryption techniques to protect every interaction you have with us.

Once I file my uncontested divorce case with the court, how long until I am actually divorced?

In most counties in Washington State, you can complete your uncontested divorce case and have a Decree of Dissolution of Marriage in a little more than 90 days.

The majority of this timeframe is due to a Washington State divorce law that requires you to wait at least 90 days before the case is finalized. In most counties, it may take a little longer to schedule your final hearing with the judge. When we prepare your paperwork, we will provide you with the documents you need - and step by step instructions to follow - to complete your divorce as quickly as possible in the county you've chosen.

Upon request, we will assess your needs and provide an individualized quote for you.